Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bonita, this ain't pretty!

My hope for a reply, following Mr. Scanlan's contacting his bosses, don't get me far. I was expecting some answers to my questions, and all I get is a letter of introduction to Mr. Scanlan, from Mr. Bonita Rockwell.

"I am writing to advise you that Jack Scanlan is a Right of Way Agent working for  Doyle Land Services, Inc. on the Southeast Reliability Project. Dominion Transmission, Inc. has employed Doyle Land Services, Inc. to work on this project.

If you have any questions regarding the Southeast Reliability project, please feel free to contact our Right of Way Agent, Jack Scanlan at (email address) or by phone at (phone number).

Sincerely,

(Signed)"

That's it? None of my questions is answered, none of my concerns is addressed. We are back at the bottom of the pit and there's not much hope I am going to get anything from these people I conclude. Mr. Scanlan has already shown that he is not going to reply to my emails with more than one-liners.

I reply to Ms. Rockwell's email,

"Dear Bonita Rockwell,

Thank you for your letter.

I regret to inform you, however, that your letter answers none of the questions I asked Mr. Scanlan in previous correspondence and provides no clarification to any of the issues I raised. I am sure Mr. Scanlan has forwarded all my correspondence to Doyle [L]and at some point, and thus find this odd, given the fact that we have exchanged a number of emails, for over a month already, and my emails clearly stated the questions I have.
Since both Mr. Scanlan [and] Doyle [L]and seem unable, or unwilling, I cannot tell which at this point, to answer my questions, provide the information I request, and address my concerns as a land owner, something that Dominion Resources says is a top priority for their company, I hereby notify you that from this day on I will seek to contact Dominion Resources directly and exclusively in order to obtain the answers and feedback I seek and the clarification [I] need on matters regarding the SE Pipeline project.
At this time, I nevertheless clearly reiterate my position, as have done several times in my correspondence with Mr. Scanlan:

I have not and will not grant Mr. Scanlan, Doyle [L]and, Dominion, or any of its employees, agents, etc., permission to access my property until my questions a[r]e answered to my satisfaction. No permission having been granted, any and all access to my property will be considered illegal trespassing and will be dealt with accordingly.
Once I have received the answers and clarification I asked for, and when I have enough information in my possession to adequately evaluate the request addressed to me, to access my property for the purpose of a survey, I will consider said request, and communicate my decision to Dominion Resources. I am sure Dominion Resources will convey that decision to you, in due time.

Sincerely,
(Signed)."

It's time to move along.

No comments: